Karelian Educational Development Foundation (KEDF) was founded on September 15, 2000 as a non-governmental, non-commercial organization (NCO) within the framework of the Megaproject "Development of education in Russia (secondary education)". The project was financed by the Open Society Institute (Soros Foundation).
Karelian Educational Development Foundation is:
- one of the public components of the development of the regional education system;
- a system of guarantees of project implementation in the area of education: technological, resource, normative and financial provision.
Activities of the Foundation are directed at the development of the system of education of the Republic of Karelia as well as at the support to the educational process perfection, at the improvement of quality of the education, and also at the promotion of the projects (including the international ones) in the area of education. In general, the work of the Foundation may be characterized as a system of normative and financial guarantees of the realization of social initiatives and projects in the area of education.
- Expert evaluation of educational projects.
- Organization of training of various target groups.
- Fund-raising and assistance in the search for grant-giving organizations and partners.
- Development and implementation of the projects in the area of education.
- Consulting services.
Karelian Educational Development Foundation
- Executive management
Board of Trustees
KEDF cooperates with
- Ministry of Education and Youth affairs of the Republic of Karelia
- Institutions of Higher educational of RK
- Various educational institutions of Karelia
- Regional department of the all-Russia public organization "Molodezhnoye Edinstvo" of RK
- National Training Foundation
- National Board of Education, Finland
- "Helsinki Consulting Group", Consortium of the Finnish companies
- National Center for Professional Development in Education "OPEKO" (Opetusalan Koulutuskeskus), Finland
- University of Oulu (University consortium, Kajaani), Finland
- Center for Innovative Education (CIA), Lithuania
- "Moscovskiy Komsomolets" in Karelia" newspaper
The KEDF activity includes 9 municipalities of the Republic of Karelia, over 70 schools and about 150 republican experts.